Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Glades Ridge Goat Dairy Farm

This past weekend Josh and I visited the local farm that we get eggs and goat cheese from. Even as a vegan, we still get animal products because Josh is not vegan, and once in a while I still have a REAL free range egg because I know that no animals were hurt. This is the farm we get all our goods from.. all of these animals have an amazing life and are so well cared for. They even all have names! They have lots of space to live, and although most are used for dairy (Where they know the milking routine and run up in order to get milked every day!) the ones that do go to market are killed quickly and humanely by the owner of the farm himself so they don't have to endure stress being transferred to a slaughterhouse. One shot to the back of the head.. when the animal doesn't know or expect it, and so quick and painless, if animals have to be killed for meat, I think this is the best possible day. They are so well loved here, and although I choose not to eat meat I know most of the world does... so if people are going to eat animals anyway, I think this is how it should be done. The chickens have a big coop they live in, and after they lay eggs in the morning every day at 1 they are let out to roam the entire farm! That is real free range. Some animals here were saved from a factory farm or weren't doing well at other farms so they came to live here. This is amazing and I'm glad to support this business, because it's farms like this that make animal agriculture acceptable! I you live near Gainesville and are looking for real free range eggs, dairy and as cruelty-free meat as is possible, please support Glades Ridge Dairy! Don't support factory farms, but support your local farms that really know how to create animal products in the best way possible. Like I said, I don't want to eat them, but since other people will, let's support the best way possible.















No comments:

Post a Comment