Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Crispy air fried tofu with green pistachio garlic sauce

Craving something filling, delicious and different that only takes 15 minutes to make? I got you! This delicious air fried tofu recipe is simple and easy - just takes minutes to throw together, and the green pistachio garlic sauce is perfect for people like me that enjoy a nice healthy creamy dressing (I can’t stand eating anything too dry, I always need a sauce!) but I get bored of eating the same thing all the time. This has flavor and is filled with superfood goodness! Give this a try and let me know what you think!



Ingredients:

16 oz of tofu, chopped into cubes

Optional seasonings, sea salt, mushroom powder, all season spice, etc.


shelled pistachios (about a cup)

Avocado oil (optional, emit this if on an oil-free diet)

Juice of one lemon

1-2 garlic cloves

Sea salt

1 teaspoon spirulina

Water


Directions:

Chop a 16 oz block of tofu into even sized cubes, sprinkle with seasonings of your choice, and place them slightly spaced apart on an air fryer tray. No seasonings is fine too. Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

While the tofu is cooking, blend together all of the pistachio sauce ingredients - I drizzled a little oil into a blender cup and added enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Add less water for more of a pistachio “butter” consistency and more water for more of a drippy sauce/dressing. I kept it somewhere in between so it was perfect as a thick dipping sauce.

Once the tofu is done, allow to cool and serve in a bowl with the dipping sauce on the side. If you make it more watery you can drizzle it over top like a dressing. Eat as is, or serve over greens, rice, quinoa, or whatever! I kept it simple today and just had plain tofu because that’s all I was craving, but will be making this again as an addition to a tasty and colorful earth bowl (hearty bowl of quinoa and greens topped with colorful veggies!). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment