Monday, October 14, 2013

Our 3 Year Anniversary!

I want to dedicate this blog post to my fiance and best friend Josh. 3 years ago today we officially started dating. Josh and I met at Rutgers, when we both lived on Cook campus and were involved with the Residence Hall Association. This is the "tale" of how we met.

So in September of 2010, things were just starting up for the new semester, and there was a meeting one evening early in the month for interested students who wanted to be on the executive board of RHA for the Cook Apartments. As usual, I was running late, as my roommate at the time Jenn and I just got back from food shopping moments before the meeting was supposed to begin in the PAL building. Running past the PAL building with all of my groceries I saw a little brown bat flying through the air and in between the trees that decorated the campus courtyards. I saw two innocent people heading towards the PAL building, and suddenly the bat swooped down aiming towards one of their heads. The individual who was almost hit ducked down and seemed really scared as he let out a gasp of surprise and shock. I, of course laughed and pointed at this individual, selfishly cracking up at his misfortune of almost being struck by a "bat" but not the type that people typically think of being hit with. "You almost got hit by a bat!" I shouted. This misfortunate individual was Josh, of course, before I knew him. I hurried home to drop off my groceries and headed over to the meeting late (as I usually am). To my own surprise, Josh, who at the time was just a boy who was almost hit by a bat was sitting in the meeting room when I walked in. I was humiliated for laughing at such an attractive guy who had been nearly struck by a flying mammal only moments before. I was now being forced to sit in a small room with him, and he clearly must have known what I had done. I had to make things right again. At the end of the meeting I went up to him to apologize for laughing at his misfortune from the bat incident, and he of course didn't care because Josh is just so nice. It turned out Josh was running for president of the Cook Apartments, and naturally I didn't vote for him. My odds at this point to win over his heart had to have been far and few between. However, after insisting he take me on a date to the dining hall because I did not have a meal plan, we reminisced over an obsession with True Blood, love for animals, judaism, involvement in leadership organizations, and the numerous other things we had in common. Naturally, we fell in love and have been inseparable ever since. Although things are meant to be and I know for sure Josh is THE one for me, my soulmate, and my everything, I wonder if things could have been different if that bat didn't make his or her flight pattern including the swoop that nearly decapitated Josh that fine evening. Odds are, we would have met at that meeting anyway and things probably wouldn't be much different today; however the story of the bat makes things far more interesting of how we met. This is also how josh adapted the nickname of "Batman" in my contacts list.

One of the first pictures we took together


Either way, I still like to blame it on the bat that Josh and I will now live happily ever after! Thanks for reading our story of how we met :). Love you Josh! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment