Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Flight of the Butterflies

Just an FYI- if you LOVE monarchs, or are looking to learn more about them and their migration I highly recommend this IMAX film. It's currently in IMAX theaters, but as it came out in May of 2013, I can't imagine it being in theaters too much longer. There's no IMAX near Cape May NJ, so I was fortunate enough that I was able to see it with my mom in Philly at the Franklin Institute this week. If you are able to go, go.. and go soon! It's so heartwarming and touching, and very informational at the same time. Being on the IMAX big screen definitely makes it ten times better. It's also a pretty close experience to actually getting to go to Mexico to see them, and if you're like me and too poor and busy to make it to Mexico this fall you can't miss this film. Not the same as the actual thing, but an incredible simulation. Since I work with monarch butterflies, I can't help but not only love it, but want to recommend Flight of the Butterflies to everyone else too! If everyone in the world saw this movie, I think they would appreciate much more out of life, (and learn a thing or two about the phenomenal and most astounding migration of any creature). Even if you're not a "butterfly" person, or a social butterfly yourself, there is nothing not to love. I guarantee you'll be touched by this.

No comments:

Post a Comment